ADDITIVE MANuFACTURING personnel certificationAPPLICATION SPECIALIST Profile
ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING PERSONNEL CERTIFICATION – APPLICATION SPECIALIST
Who is the Application Specialist and what does he/she do?
The specialist is the one who is entrusted with the layout of the components and the general organisation of the printing batch (parts distribution and orientation). He/She manages the essential variables of the machine so as to optimise printing according to the customer’s requirements and takes into account the stages following the additive process: base plate removal and media removal, heat treatment. In addition to a preliminary non-destructive inspection of the component, he/she can make considerations on the most significant destructive tests to be applied. In particular, the specialist has expertise in:
- Safe raw material handling
- Basic theory of laser additive technology
- Basic theory of other additive technologies
- Print management (job loading, part extraction)
- Print file management (part orientation and positioning)
- Management of the entire additive manufacturing process (base plate removal, support removal, heat treatment)
- Effects of essential variables on the process
- Maintenance and routine cleaning of the machine
- Main quality characteristics of the technology
- Main methods of non-destructive testing (volumetric, surface, residual stress) of parts
- Main destructive testing methods (tensile, resilience, hardness, metallographic, residual stress) of parts
- Drafting of operating instructions for the operator
REQUIREMENTS FOR TAKING THE CERTIFICATION EXAMINATION
- Qualification: Technical diploma in the scientific field
- Training: 40h training course (see “Training program”) or possession of 5 CFP (*)
- Work experience in the sector: 6 months (*) 1 CFP = 8h of training or participation in a technical event or teaching activity, or publication of technical articles/memoirs or research activity (each activity is worth 1 CFP). All activities must be duly documented.
The Certification exam consists of a written test and a practical test. The examination topics are indicated in the training program.
DOWNLOAD THE DOCUMENTATION
Do you need a certificate?
TEC Eurolab can certify your skills.
TEC Eurolab Academy
2023 Scheduled Courses
Are you planning your company’s technical training for the new year?
TEC Eurolab Academy is pleased to share the 2023 CALENDAR, with the rich proposal of technical training offered by TEC Eurolab.