What we do for
the Fasteners Sector:
Assessing the conformity of a production batch requires performing numerous tests required by specific standards such as ISO and NAS.
TEC Eurolab offers comprehensive technical support in Failure Analysis, working alongside customers from problem identification to operational resolution.
Several types of tests are required to determine the strength of fasteners such as screws, bolts, and studs, which allow to:
- Verify parameters and compliance with standards
- Evaluate issues and study evolutions on the product
- Detect surface and internal defects on raw materials and finished parts
- Characterize surface finish, coatings, paints, lubricants
- Characterize the mechanical properties of fasteners
- Characterize the torque properties of fasteners
- Simulate and measure characteristic assembly parameters
- Analyze heat treatment, operation verification and near surface examination
Chemical Analysis (ICO-EOS)
Gas Content (H, O, N)
Positive Material Identification (PMI)
Near-surface chemical analysis (EDS -XPS)
Decarburation / Recarburation
Detection and measurement of defects
MECHANICAL TESTS – CHARACTERIZATION
Single or double cut test
Fatigue test and value determination Wöhler curve
MECHANICAL TESTS – TORSION
Locking / Breakway torque
Torque off / Torque out
Cross recess torque
Wrench torque / Torque effectivity / Installation
Self Locking Torque
MECHANICAL TESTS – MEASUREMENT OF ASSEMBLY PARAMETERS
Hydrogen embrittlement on fasteners
Liquid penetrant inspection (PT)
Magnetoscopic examination (MT)
Induced Currents (ET)
Radiographic method (RT)
Three-dimensional coordinate machine (CMM)
Laser probing anthropomorphic arms
Roughness and roundness gauges
Corrosion resistance testing (NSS, IGA/IGO ETC)
Download our service brochure
All the technical details for the quality of your products
Do you need another test?
TEC Eurolab can carry out
the tests you need.
Our videos on Fasteners
FATIGUE TESTS ON FASTENERS
Are you interested in learning more about testing on fastenersand want to discover more videos?
TEC Eurolab Academy 2023 Scheduled Courses
Are you planning your company’s technical training for the new year?
TEC Eurolab Academy is pleased to share the 2023 CALENDAR, with the rich proposal of technical training offered by TEC Eurolab.